- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Made of natural unglazed clay and completely safe and toxins free
- Can be used on gas, electric or glass stovetops, as well as the oven, microwave, or grill
- Handcrafted by our artisans in Central Colombia
- Cooking pieces heat very evenly and retain heat for a long period
- Product information sheet included outlining the Care and Use
Round serving dish with a lid in black clay from La Chamba. Length 6.8in (handles included), Width 6.0 (from outside), Height 3.0, Diameter 6.0 and Capacity 18oz (filled comfortably without overflowing). Serve stews or other sauce based dishes or heat in the oven for melted cheese dishes such as Queso Fundido with a stunning presentation. Completely natural and safe, contains no toxins or lead and the porous nature of the clay allows the slow evaporation of steam and produce food that is healthier, tastier, and moist using less fat and liquids. Will last many years with proper use and care (each piece comes with a product information sheet outlining the Uses and Care for the product). Black Clay, La Chamba Cookware, is well-known and used throughout Colombia in restaurants and homes for preparing and serving traditional dishes. Its origins can be traced back at least 700 years to vases and pitchers found in pre-Columbian archaeological sites. It is still made in the traditional manner, by families in a small village on the banks of the Magdalena River in Central Colombia. Each piece is hand-made using local area clays, then hand burnished with a stone. The pieces are then fired in the village, giving them the distinctive black color and elegant look.